With the good comes the bad, and in the midst of the best time of the year, we need to be on the lookout for pests. We are an expert sacramento exterminator and want to provide you with some simple tips to protect yourself and your home!
Consider the following 5 reasons you should be concerned about ticks but also fleas:
1. Ticks carry disease. Infections, illnesses, and disease that result from ticks are more common today than they have been in decades. Scientists are discovering an increasing number of disease-causing microbes that are the direct result of ticks. Lyme disease is the most common, but many other viruses result from tick bites. Years ago, ticks were considered a nuisance that came with summer, but today ticks are more likely to cause problems with long-lasting consequences.
2. Ticks are not created equal. Some ticks are worse than others. Blacklegged ticks, formerly known as deer ticks, are frequent carriers of Lyme disease and are considered the worst offenders in the tick family. Bites from deer ticks must be responded to quickly and correctly to lower the risk of debilitating disease. If you find a blacklegged tick on your body, contact your healthcare professional as quickly as possible.
3. Ticks are smaller than you realize. A quick skimming of your hair or body after a day outside may not be sufficient to find the smallest ticks. They can be difficult to uncover, especially when burrowed in the hair or in tight spaces. Some ticks are the size of this period: .
4. Ticks love your dog as much as you do. Unfortunately, vaccines do not exist for pets with regard to tick-borne illness or disease. Ticks love animals and will often find their way into your home via your indoor/outdoor pet. Certain pet products exist to help protect pets from ticks, but these products aren’t always effective. Important to remember: Once pets bring ticks into your home, you and your family are always at risk. Spending time outside is not the only way you can come in contact with ticks.
5. Ticks can wreak havoc if removed incorrectly. If a tick has made a home of your skin, removing the tick correctly is of paramount importance. Squeezing the tick or “popping it” can inadvertently transfer the disease or illness you are trying to avoid. Carefully removing the tick with a pair of fine-tipped tweezers and placing the tick in a bag to take to the doctor for examination is the best plan.
Thankfully, when it comes to ticks, you are not alone in the fight. Pest control services like ours exist to help you win the battle against pesky pests and enjoy your summer the way it was meant to be lived. If you have found ticks on your pets or in your home or you suspect an infestation, call a pest management professional to see how we can help you regain your peace of mind and keep your family safe. We are here to help!
Golden Hills Pest Control controls ants, cockroaches, fleas, spiders, rodents, and a host of other pests. Golden Hills Pest Control experts listen to your needs and handle your pest problem efficiently and promptly. Call our representatives today at (916) 333-3738 to experience for yourself why so many have switched to Golden Hills Pest Control.